Kirkland Grove was established in 1892 as a Baptist campground in the vicinity of rural Heathsville. The campground was the site of week-long religious services, which evolved into the outstanding social event of the area.
The campground is presently used for church meetings, revivals, reunions, and youth camp activities. The building is in need of repair and tender loving care. Fairport is supporting this ministry financially as well as with upkeep.